Bombs Away


 

One of the things I love about living in New Mexico and particularly in the Albuquerque area is the abundance of great craft beer. I loved it when I lived in Colorado, and that trend continued down here. While I love the larger breweries and their multiple locations, one thing I have always loved even more is driving around and finding the smaller breweries and tasting rooms. The ones that serve only out of their tasting rooms, package only small amounts, and have a very local, neighborhood customer base. That is exactly what I found recently in a great brewery that also happens to be veteran owned at Bombs Away Brewery. 

Driving to this brewery off Eubank it is very easy to drive by and miss, but once you pull into the small parking lot the military theming of this brewery is instantly present. Guests walk in through a patio with large tables, a large American flag on the wall, and a vintage military truck that doubles as its sign. Inside this large tap room, the military décor continues with flags representing each branch, as well as military and patriotic décor along the walls. The highlight though is the barback with little bombs that double as the tap handles, making this a well themed brewery. 

Of course, being at a brewery I couldn’t wait to try the beers, and Bombs Away featured a large variety of lagers, IPAs, and even a stout. With so many to try I opted for a flight which here allows guests six beers of your choice. I opted to try a variety of styles including a Helles Lager, Red Lager, Witbier, Anniversary IPA, Hazy IPA, and Stout. All were very good and refreshing. But, as far as favorites the Helles, Red Lager, and Witbier stood out above the rest. The lagers were both crisp and refreshing, while the wit had a great balance of citrus and spice. Of course, if you are planning to visit check the website as the beer list rotates. Another positive about Bombs Away is that a lot of their beers are gluten removed so all people can enjoy their beers regardless of allergies, or lifestyle choices, and they have a small menu featuring what looked like tasty panini sandwiches. I had already eaten but had a hot pretzel which paired perfectly with the beer.

On top of the delicious beers and great environment Bombs Away had some of the best customer service I have ever had at a brewery. They had great knowledge of the beer they were pouring, were engaged with the guests, and you could tell enjoyed where they worked. While this brewery is a little off the beaten path it is one I would recommend visiting. There were no negatives about it. The beer list offers something for fans of all styles, and it is large enough to handle groups of all sizes. There is ample seating both inside and outdoors as well. I will definitely go back, and also bring people there as well. I had heard about it for a while and am glad I finally made the decision to go, now I just need to plan when to go back. 

To see photos of my adventures follow me on Instagram @the_nm_tx or tag me using #thenmtx
To support my adventures and see exclusive content check out
www.patreon.com/thenmtx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tap N Taco

Steel Bender Brewyard

New Food Trucks