Gravity Bound


 

One thing that makes most cities great is that each one has a strong craft beer culture, and Albuquerque is no exception. I love that no matter where you are in any city a brewery can be anywhere. This is no more true than in downtown Albuquerque right down the street from Marble where a small brewery lies hidden among the large buildings downtown. With a small brewhouse, and small tasting room they are producing some big flavored beers in all styles. In addition, this is a eco-friendly brewery that utilizes solar panels, and captures rainwater. So when driving downtown and craving a beer, seek out Gravity Bound Brewing. 

Located on 3rd Street this is a drive by and miss it brewery, the building is that small. However even before you walk in the exterior has a great patio, and great murals all along the outside. The inside is very comfortable with bar and table seating, great artwork, and the brewhouse is divided only by a small wall so you are very close to where your beer is being made. Some of my favorite décor is pieces of glass bottles in the walls that allow different lights of color to come into the building. Also, for fans of plants this tasting room has them everywhere, combined with all the natural light is a very inviting tasting room. 

Now, I know this is usually when I recommend the beers to try, but in this case I can’t. This is such a small brewery, making such small batches of beer that what I tried might not even be on tap today. The one thing I can say is that there were multiple beers on tap from classic lagers, IPAs both west cost and hazy, a couple sour beers, and even a porter so there was something on tap for everybody. They were also all well done, and beers I would have again. In addition anything is available to go, some of which is even available in 4 packs, but there are also growler and crowler options. But from what I had my favorites were the On the Run Pilsner, and the Horizontal Shift Tropical Sour.

This was a brewery that I had known about, and was highly recommended so I am really glad that I finally made the visit. It lived up to the hype, and is definitely a great option for a beer when downtown. While this is one I won’t be able to frequent regularly, it is definitely one I will make sure to stop by again when in the area. Gravity Bound is a brewery that reminded me a lot of the really small neighborhood breweries from Colorado. I also love the small atmosphere and variety of styles. Whether you have been thinking about going or haven’t been in a while make sure to check our Gravity Bound when in Albuquerque, it could become your new favorite.

To see photos of my adventures follow me on Instagram at the_nm_tx
To support my adventures and see exclusive content check out
www.patreon.com/thenmtx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Food Trucks

Coffee and Donuts