Another Coffee Blog


 

Finding new coffee shops has become more like a scavenger hunt to me recently, and it never disappoints that I am usually successful in finding a new one. Recently I came across 2 more new ones, one being a second location, and another having one of the cooler setups you will see to serve coffee.

Castle Coffee: While these guys have a great establishment in downtown Albuquerque, recently Rio Rancho was lucky enough to get a Castle Coffee. Located right off Rio Rancho Blvd. this is a must stop. The inside of the building is beautiful, spacious, and a great environment to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. The first thing you notice walking in is the massive mural on the wall which is a beautiful piece of art. From there you notice all the other artwork and plants along the walls, and within the hidden nook in the back. There is ample seating along the bar for just one person, and plenty of tables for larger groups. It is a warm, welcoming, and relaxing environment. To add to the environment, the service is some of the best I have had at any coffee shop, and it is easy to stay here and enjoy a beverage, and pastry. The menu is very straight forward with lattes, and a lot of different options to enjoy their house roasted coffee. Of course, there are also rotating seasonal options which I opted for, and I enjoyed the Horchata Cold Brew. Let’s just say it will not be my last before it is removed from the menu. It had the perfect amount of sweetness, the coffee was smooth, and the cinnamon added the perfect spice. It was very refreshing and perfect for these hot summer days. Rio Rancho truly got lucky with the addition of Castle Coffee, and this will be a great business for the community. I can’t wait to go back and try more of their offerings, which I’m sure will be sooner than later.

Ethnosphere: On the weekends driving south on Unser near the Petroglyphs there is beautiful scenery all around, and on the weekends, there is also now great coffee available. To make it even cooler this coffee is served out of a solar powered Airstream, making it a must stop to check out. This is more than a coffee airstream, they also have a great menu featuring fresh yogurt bowls, and breakfast sandwiches. I had already eaten so breakfast will have to wait for another visit, but the coffee was delicious, and they also had some unique flavors I was not expecting to see. The two that stood out the most were the toasted marshmallow, and the house made vanilla lavender. The toasted marshmallow was a tasty combo of vanilla, sweet, and just a hint of toasted making for a delicious sip. It wasn’t too sweet, which I appreciated. The vanilla lavender was the winner though, with its balanced flavors. Lavender was the prominent flavor which I preferred and was very floral, but not overpowering. It complimented the bitterness of the coffee and made the drink taste less rich. I would have this one again without hesitation. Ethnosphere was truly a great find, and I am glad I stopped. If I am in the area and see the airstream out, I would stop again without thinking twice.

Two more great coffee shops that add to what is already a great coffee state. I love how the more I try each one is so unique with its menu, its setup, and its commitment to quality. I am so lucky to live in a state that has so many great independent businesses, even more lucky that I continue to find them, and each time I am glad I stop and try them. On to find the next great hidden gem.

To see photos of my adventures follow me on Instagram at the_nm_tx
To support my adventures and see exclusive posts check out www.patreon.com/thenmtx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Food Trucks

Coffee and Donuts

Gravity Bound