New Food Trucks


 The past few weeks have been a great time to be a food lover in and around Albuquerque. We have been lucky enough to have 2 great new food trucks open, and both are unique with what they are offering. Even more lucky for me is that I have been able to try both and was very impressed by both.

Love at First Slice: If there is one food I have been missing since I moved down here it is a good pizza. While I have had some good ones, there is always room for another good one. Thankfully Love at First Slice makes a great pizza, that is also wood fired. While the menu is extensive, and in addition to pizza they also offer wood-fired sandwiches, I opted for pizza. I went simple, but also ordered one of my favorites and ordered the Margherita. It was a delicious pizza that had so many great flavors going on. The crust was slightly charred, the cheese melted perfectly, and the tomatoes and basil added a great bite of freshness. I was very happy with my order and can’t wait to explore more of their menu. It is crazy that Rio Rancho is developing a great food scene with independent restaurants, coffee shops, and now a unique food truck. This is a very welcome addition to this small community where residents will no longer have to seek a good pizza. I would highly recommend trying this truck, and pizza lovers everywhere should make the drive to give them a try.

Savory Thyme Charcuterie: This is such a cool concept for a food truck, and after trying them I can’t believe one hasn’t existed before this. What else makes this truck great is that it isn’t about what’s on their menu, but how many people are planning on indulging in it. There are options to feed just one, two, or four. Since it was just me, I had the cone and the first thing I noticed was how beautifully it was presented when they brought it to me. Once I started eating it was a delicious blend of meats, cheese, fruits, and pickles making it a very complex plate. The salami was great, the cheese rich and creamy, the pickles and olives added a great salinity, and the fruit added freshness. This will not be my only time eating out of this truck, and next time I’ll make sure to bring my appetite so I can try one of the larger options which include great additional items like stuffed peppers, amongst other things. As a bonus they are setting up at breweries often and once you try it you will soon realize how well beer and charcuterie pair together. This is another great addition to what is a growing food truck scene, and one I would recommend stopping at when you see them. It is quick service, and delicious food.  

When you think of wood fired pizza and charcuterie it sounds like a expensive night at a high end Italian restaurant, not eating out of two different food trucks. Thankfully because of these great trucks you can enjoy the great food without getting dressed up, making reservations, and spending the high-end money. Both trucks are great, committed to a quality product, and are a welcome addition to the foodie community. Even though I’ve only had each once, it will not be a one-time visit, and I can see myself becoming a regular at both.

To see photos of my adventures  follow me on Instagram at the_nm_tx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee and Donuts

Gravity Bound